A small semi-modular prefab house for 1 or 2 people in the dunes for people on a limited budget, and it’s architecturally interesting: a compact house with an open floor plan.
Facades and roofs
The prefab house has standard corner pieces and wind springs, thereby making house details simple and affordable. Zinc, wood shingles, slate or ceramic would also not be out of place in this house.
High-Tech and Low-Tech division
Complex parts of the building are clustered together in one or two units. These are usually the usage areas including toilets, kitchen facilities and meter. This high-tech element is done by a specialized company in a factory, completely assembled and transported to the building and there connected to electricity, water and electricity. The rest of the building (low-tech) is built around here and contains the living quarters and and is completely operated from these units, so there is no special engineering needed in the rest of the building.
This has a few advantages:
– Very fast implementation and commissioning possible.
– High quality and robustness, for a layman, it is indistinguishable traditional building after completion.
– Few disciplines on site (no tiler, plasterer, electrician, plumber etc. need to construction),so little chance of failure and delay.
– Responsibilities are clear. One contractor builds a shell without technique, one unit builder provides all facilities and use areas.
– This method of construction is IFD (Industrial, flexible and durable)
– Proven, many bathrooms are in hotels mounted this way ready.
Structural = Trim
The prefab house designers, Dingemansa Architectuur, have conceived this buildings to materialize in a way that masonry materials remain in the completed house in sight. In a normal home this means spending about 1/3 of the construction costs to finish the building. An added bonus is that the interior will get a loft-like, airy appearance by using laminated wood structure in this case and keep it in sight.
Another good feature is using power floated concrete, this material is only a fraction more expensive than ordinary concrete what is already needed for the construction and further finishing is not necessary anymore.
For more of Dingemansa Architectuur’s work, find them in our prefab homes directory.
55652 total views, 3 today